The Confessional Lutheran Education Foundation
Dear CLEF supporters and friends!
A BLESSED ADVENT AND CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS
FROM ALL OF US AT THE CLEF.
Thank you for all your generous and faithful support this passing year of 2013. Your support through your time, talents, prayers and treasures are THE DIFFERENCE! Without you the work that The CLEF has to do will not happen.
Much has happened this year – many great and wonderful things in many of the major projects, as in the :
- E-reader (Kindle) Project – now in more than a dozen countries;
- The Ghana Seminary Student Project – completely funded for 2013 and now working on the next seminary class;
- The International Lutheran Hymnal Project – Spanish edition for more than a dozen church bodies is to be off the press by Easter 2014!
- A “shadow” web site (later will be merged with the old address but you can follow the development – check out www.TCLEF.org )
- The Lutheran Church in the Philippines (LCP) – continuing educational support to Lutheran Seminary – Baguio & IMMEDIATE financial aid to help with the typhoon.
- Two new Board of Director members – Mr. John Flakne (Confessional and big shot finance wiz) & Rev. Paul Strawn (multi-lingual, internationally recognized Confessional theologian)
And much more but that will be for another time, maybe closer to Easter 2014. But you can now follow closer the work you support on the www.TCLEF.org site.
And while we rejoice in all the innumerable “good things” we see and know of we live in a very troubled world.
So, where do you go to flee the worries and pains of physical and mental sicknesses, international financial disasters, earthquakes, storms, wars, Christian persecutions, poverty, stupid bosses, laziness, communism, Mohamedism, wastefulness, earth worshippers and so on and so on?
I KNOW – I KNOW!
I know a man who last year just four days before Christmas Day was told by his doctor that he had inoperable liver cancer and only a few months at best to live but not to let that ruin his Christmas, “Miracles do happen,” the doctor said. A couple weeks before Easter Day of 2013 the doctor told him and his wife, “No one can explain this, no one, but your last test shows that what was there is no longer there. I too believe that God works miracles. Go home and resume your life.”
So I ask, “Where do you go to find comfort and strength when all around and even inside you seem to be out of all control?” The answer? (LSB 372 vss 1,2,4)
O Jesus Christ,
Thy manger is
My paradise at which my soul reclineth.
For there, O Lord,
Doth lie the Word
Made flesh for us;
herein Thy grace forth shineth.
He whom the sea
And wind obey
Doth come to serve the sinner in great meekness.
Thou, God’s own Son,
With us art one,
Dost join us and our children in our weakness.
Thou Christian heart,
Woe e’er thou art,
Be of good cheer and let no sorrow move thee!
For God’s own Child,
In mercy mild,
Joins thee to Him;
how greatly God must love thee!
So there you have it – flee to the Baby in the manger. And that awesome gift of His forgiveness is not just ours; it is for the whole World. And your support of The CLEF and her work is just that:
ALL FOR THE SAKE OF THE GOSPEL
The LORD bless you and keep you!
John R. Fehrmann